Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress...James 1:27

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I 800

 The next order to be taken care of was our i800 forms that were sent to the USCIS. This process usually takes a few weeks to be assigned and officer and then a week or two more to be granted approval. This step was a huge worry for me because when we received our receipt I realized I had put the wrong birth year on Ella's paperwork. I had 2013 instead of 2012. I was terrified, sick to my stomach, and so disappointed in myself because we surely would be set back at least another week or two while things got straightened out-all the red tape in the process makes me sick. BUT God is on our side!!! Remarkably, we were granted approval and the mix up was quickly cleared up!! So our i800 approval was granted Friday, July 1st!!! And get this- we were given an officer who isn't known to be the quickest or most hospitable- and we were approved before anyone else we have been communicating with on our same timeline. I was truly blown away. I received this approval notice while I was in Rome at my parents- and I was shopping for the first time for Ella's new clothes. Such a sweet memory I'll hold forever. Giddy didn't describe me at that moment- I was floored! So thankful for a God bigger than government red tape and paperwork!! I'm positive He is determining our steps and our timeline and this once again reassured me of His faithfulness. 

The most exciting part of this process is that we are nearing the end of this process!! Only a few more steps until our travel approval will be granted and we can book our flights to China. Most of the steps we have to follow now are set in stone as far as how long the process takes...so we can pretty much put a finger on when we expect to travel and have our gotcha day!!! So exciting and so soon- like mid August soon!!! ❤️❤️ We are coming Ella!!!

**constantly studying and making notes of what the next steps are**

I also sent off all of our visa applications, passports, pictures, and return mailing items to Chicago. Our visas should be back in a few weeks. It was quite the process to apply and get all our ducks in a row for these visas. But check it off the list!! It's done!




No comments:

Post a Comment