Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress...James 1:27

Sunday, July 10, 2016

GUZ # and secret codes!

Our next step in this crazy process was to email DAILY for about a week to find out our GUZ number and invoice ID in order to be able to fill out the next forms online. I had faithfully been emailing- but randomly decided late Thursday night to call and see what I could find out. Thankfully after 28 minutes of being on hold and conversing with a Uscis officer in New Hamphire...I got our numbers!!!! We have been assigned a GUZ (from the city in China where consulate is- Guangzhou) and our invoice ID!! Woohoo!!! Tiny milestones that make an adoptive mamas heart skip a beat!!! 

I quickly attempted to log onto the next form/application only to have my bubble burst when I couldn't access it at that time. Apparently this is very common- I learned this from watching others attempt and discuss on Facebook threads- so I knew it wasn't just me. I went to bed anxious to wake up early the next morning to try to log in.  And it worked!! Another high and exciting step on our journey. A great way to start off Ella's birthday weekend!!

So now things move fast- but slow. We are daily waiting for a response email with an attachment letter we have to obtain...in order to do what is called an article 5 drop off!😉 Which means nothing to most- but basically we literally have our documents dropped off in China and then picked up/approved 10 business days later. And of course it can only be on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday to make the process trickier. But THEN travel approval can be issued- in a few days or up to a few weeks. But but that is when we will begin booking our tickets and trip details!! 

You probably don't care to follow as detailed as this- so I'll leave it short and simple that by the end of July we SHOULD have travel approval and be able to travel 2 weeks after that!! 💗




No comments:

Post a Comment